a year ago
We are growing and looking for a System Administrator to join our team.
As a System Administrator you are used to working with Linux compute clusters, servers and databases. You thrive in a startup environment and enjoy being part of a fast paced problem solving oriented team. You analyse problems carefully and have solid testing practices. You are not afraid of fire fighting, and know how to use a firehose!
Your Perl, Python and shell scripting skills are solid. You are a hardware enthusiast and have a strong sense of ownership.
In this role you must be able to handle remote troubleshooting and on-call support. You will work closely with our Senior System Administrator and report to our CTO.
- Support our development team and our image search products
- Be involved in every facet of managing our clusters of onsite and co-located servers in downtown Toronto
- Assist with hardware selection, testing, purchasing and roll out
- Work hands-on with installing, replacing and troubleshooting a variety of server hardware
- Work primarily with Linux, and sometimes Windows and OSX, handling system administration, configuration and troubleshooting
- Configure and build server systems from components
- Handle installation, upgrade and tuning of server OS (Ubuntu, SuSE, Debian and CentOS)
- Configure and support all networking, including our VPN
You need to have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience (a degree is not a requirement)
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Sharp analytical abilities and meticulous attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and drive
- Troubleshooting experience
- Desire to learn new technical skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated fanatical passion for your work
- Experience with cluster management/monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios and Ganglia)
What you can expect working at TinEye
- You will be solving interesting and difficult technical challenges. Every day. OK, maybe not every day.
- You will be able to see your work deployed in production environments and powering implementations for large enterprise clients.
- You will work within a small development team alongside the scrappy co-founders.
- Your voice will be heard and you will be able to provide input in everything we undertake. We believe great ideas can come from our entire team.
- And did we mention a fully stocked kitchen and fridge, daily breakfast, free parking, ping pong table, a garden, and awesome downtown offices? And a maker space – should you, like us, be interested in tinkering with hardware.
We do not use placement agencies for any of our openings.