REPORTS TO: Sr. IT Technical Manager
At MCAP we recognize that success is determined by the strength of our people. MCAP’s mission is to be best in class in its chosen markets. This means having the best value proposition for our customers, investors,
brokers, borrowers, bankers, lenders and mortgage insurers. To achieve our mission, we have established strong values which are reflected in our day to day operations:
- Pride in what we do
- Integrity and transparency in how we do it
- Responsibility and accountability for all we do
- Professionalism in dealing with others
- Innovation in our solutions
The primary role of the Senior Network Specialist is to ensure that the organization’s network security and data networks meets or exceeds SLA targets. This position is responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting
security infrastructures for data centres & all branch offices. This role will provide technical support for network security devices, create and maintain network designs/documentation, maintain hardware and software
standards and assist in projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved networking technologies. Implement approved changes following MCAP change management practices.
This position is responsible for deployment and support of all network elements across the enterprise, with an emphasis on security devices. Maximize network performance through proactive monitoring;
troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades and network optimization.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and define short and long term security network infrastructure requirements; design and implement network architectural solutions that support MCAP’s multiple lines of business.
- Responsible for the deployment, support and monitoring of network infrastructure within MCAP and partner sites, such as:
- Firewall/UTM IDS/IPS technologies: Checkpoint and Fortinet.
- LAN/WAN and Internet infrastructures
- RSA authentication
- F5 load balancers
- Security services for Microsoft Azure
- HP and Cisco routers and switches
- Network management systems (NetFlow, Solarwinds)
- Network protocols: DNS, NTP, RADIUS
- Extensive hands on experience with these products:
- Checkpoint, Fortigate, RSA
- IDS/IPS, UTM
- BGP, MPLS, OSPF, QOS configuration
- Secures network systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Familiarity with emerging Cloud technologies that include connectivity and security
- Experience with automation applications, orchestration
- Ability to diagnose application issues based on network performance
- Provide Incident and Problem resolution in accordance with ITIL standards
- Proficient with service management systems; change, incident and problem management
- Work with technical teams to define expansion, growth and hardware/software end-of-life strategies.
Ensure all network SLA levels are maintained across all lines of business
- Develop tools to proactively monitor network activity and put in place strategies to ensure secure, reliable and responsive service
- Responsible for handling alerts/escalated incidents and participate as required in major incident war room calls. This role requires a person who is able to take responsibility of a situation, drive a resolution forward and communicate with related parties during the resolution
- Monitor system and network elements using diagnostic tools and troubleshooting procedures; perform diagnostics of network hardware and software components
- Maintain and configure networking hardware, perform upgrades to network equipment as necessary
- To maintain SLA levels, analyze network resource utilization (capacity planning) and develop/execute appropriate plans
- Act as a change agent to constantly drive for continuous improvement
- Responsible to meet all network regulatory, legal and audit requirements
- Review and implement industry standards and best practices
- Participate on the on-call rotation
Research New Security Technologies
- Research and evaluate new technologies that will meet MCAP’s long term business strategies and goals by interacting with various technology vendors
- Develop business cases for the recommendation and implementation of new technologies relevant to MCAP
- Advanced degree and/or accreditation in computer engineering, information technology or computer science
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic/experience requirements
- Check Point Certified Security Expert or higher certification
- 5+ years of progressive experience in security and networking technologies
- Demonstrated hands-on experience; managing, configuring and deploying Checkpoint firewalls in an enterprise environment
- Large enterprise multi end point WAN experience is considered a strong asset
- Experience deploying and managing F5 is considered an asset
- Experience with standards framework such as ITIL Foundation and ISO
- Experience in using enterprise test & monitoring utilities
- Translate complex data into meaningful and useful information based on the needs of a particular stakeholder or end user
- Make appropriate, realistic and timely decisions based on consideration of the facts and alternative
- Provide excellent service to internal and external clients by focusing on discovering and meeting their needs and building and maintaining positive and effective working relationships
- Expert level knowledge of firewalls, TCP/IP, network switching, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP) and VPN technologies.
- Advanced working knowledge of personal computer software packages, networks, operating systems
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing; including effective presentation skills
- Lead by example, demonstrating integrity, creativity and enthusiasm in achieving results
- Succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment
- Direct activities towards timely completion of assigned tasks; adjust priorities or resources as required
- Quickly shift priorities and adapt to changes to meet organizational and department requirements
- Comprehensively use software including database, spreadsheet, word-processing, presentation, electronic mail and calendaring
- Be a change agent by recommending, adapting and implementing changes in process, systems and organizational structures
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, project management, decision-making and analytical skills
OVERVIEW OF MCAP
MCAP is an independent, Canadian based mortgage finance company with more than $15.4 billion of annual originations and $61 billion in assets under administration. MCAP provides mortgage products and services to
a broad range of institutional investors and lenders for residential and commercial properties across Canada.
Founded in 1981, MCAP has over 700 employees and originates, funds, trades, securitizes and services mortgages in offices across Canada.
MCAP is also a leader in Canadian construction and development lending with over 20 years in the business.
Our teams of dedicated professionals serve a variety of developer, construction and investor clients across Canada.
Please note that in applying for a position with MCAP, applicants will be disclosing Personal Information about themselves and consent
to the collection, use, disclosure, storage, transfer and/or processing by MCAP of this Personal Information for all purposes related or
incidental to your employment application and MCAP's recruitment process.
MCAP provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all
employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.