a year ago
We are excited to announce that our awesome Technology Department here at Fibernetics is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our Team to make us more awesome! You have the opportunity to help our Team deliver innovative solutions and be part of a Department where everyone is IN! We are all passionate about our jobs and we expect no less from you. If you love technology and would like to be part of our team, then read on and apply today!
ways you contribute
- You will collaboratively work alongside others to deliver value back to the organization.
- You will have the opportunity to design, code, and support corporate and product driven development ranging from lower level appliance wrappers/adapters, component integration all the way up to both internal and external web application (non-marketing driven rather than business/customer function driven).
- You will deliver full stack solutions.
- You will work on projects and change requests driven by efficiency needs, cost reduction, and innovation.
- You will participate in supporting the applications and components that our team is accountable for in a team rotation support structure.
- You will participate in product development initiatives.
- You will have the opportunity to learn and be exposed to state of the art Telecommunications and ISP specific technologies at all levels.
- Depending on the size of the initiative, you will participate in and potentially drive some/most/every phase of the SDLC regardless of the methodology.
what makes you awesome
- You must be passionate about software and system architecture, networking, programming, and technology in general.
- You enjoy and are good at object oriented programming and design.
- You have experience programming in two or more styles from the following: distributed or parallel systems, web development, Linux environments, security software, network software.
- You have exposure to or experience with concurrency, multi-threading, and synchronization.
- You thrive in a laid back and relaxed (and yet somehow professional) environment.
- You have designed and implemented multi-tiered solutions in an enterprise environment.
- You do not back down from a challenge.
- You are able to admit when you are wrong…and move on.
- You have high respect for your colleagues and everyone in general.
- You understand and are able to demonstrate the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- You have the ability to improvise your way out of stressful situations.
- You understand how to drive value back to the organization.
- You have had exposure to full stack development.
- You have the capability to adapt using alternative programming languages.
- You have had exposure to network driven development i.e. packet processing.
must have skills
- Version control (git)
- Docker or other deployment tools
- API design and documentation
- Software development experience in two or more general purpose programming languages at advanced levels (PHP/Perl/GoLang/Python/C/C++)
- SQL (MySQL) (intermediate)
- Applications Frameworks
- SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Apache/NGINX (intermediate)
- Knowledge of networking (routing/switching)
- Network programming, socket programming (intermediate)
- Linux Server Environment (intermediate)
nice to have skills
- Design patterns
- CISCO Network equipment
- Understanding of VoIP
- Data Analytics
- SQL (PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Data Warehousing
what makes us awesome
- Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
- Attractive benefit plan.
- Three weeks of vacation to start.
- Paid day off for your birthday.
- Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
- Dog friendly office.
- Flexible hours for most positions.
- Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
- Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
- Showers on-site.
- Lounge with foosball tables.
- Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
- LAN Parties.
- Free parking.
This job's salary is undisclosed