Manitoulin Transport with it's Head Office in Gore Bay ON is currently looking for a Senior Web Developer:
The Senior Web developer’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain web software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements.
This includes writing, coding, testing, framework knowledge and analyzing software programs and applications.
The Senior Web Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
This includes but is not limited to Internet, Intranet and Extranet applications.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
- Training certificates directly related to the position.
vProficiency in a variety of programming languages, including but not limited to: MT Direct Framework (Perl, Mason, HTML), Spring MVC Framework ( JSP, Spring Beans, JSTL, BIRT, JSP, Java) and other frameworks (AngularJS, Bootstrap).
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Content Management Systems (including Joomla).
- Extensive relational database and operating systems experience with MySql, DB2, Maria DB, MyBatis, JDBC.
- Thorough understanding of IDE’s, such as IBM WDSC, Eclipse & Web Storm.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits program