At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We are currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to join our Sales team. The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert on Dejero's Connectivity solutions and will support Dejero's customers in designing and implementing scalable network architectures to meet business objectives and SLAs. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to the VP of Sales, Americas and is a key member of our Customer Support and Field Sales Engineering team.
- Support customer configuration and installation of various network devices and services, where they interact with Dejero connectivity components.
- Routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS
- Advise on:
- Network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes and security configurations
- Monitoring performance and ensure system availability and reliability, system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Security tools, policies, and procedures
- Establish, document and maintain best practices for setting up Dejero connectivity solutions with various networking components.
- Liaise with customers and their IT personnel for problem resolution
- Work within customer’s established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Solid understanding of the OSI model, especially layers 2-4
- Deep understanding of networking protocols including:
- IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS
- Proven hands-on experience with network diagnostics and network analytics and monitoring tools:
- Capturing and analyzing network traces with tcpdump/Wireshark
- Configuring and troubleshooting firewalls/NATs from common vendors:
- Cisco, Checkpoint, pfSense, iptables, etc.
- Configuring, testing and troubleshooting VPNs from common vendors:
- Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, SonicWall, OpenVPN, etc.
- Including various types of VPNs: IPsec, DMVPN, TLS, UDP, etc.
- Troubleshooting network performance problems - e.g. ranging from MTU/fragmentation issues to routing configuration problems
- Functional experience with network configuration and troubleshooting on Linux platforms
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Certification - Routing & Switching or similar
- Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA) Certification
- Post secondary education in Computer Science or related subject
- 3-5 years of experience
Please note this role will also have travel requirements up to 40%.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact People and Culture by email at email@example.com.