a year ago
As a Marketing Designer, you will play an important role in designing and creating features and assets embodying Shopify Plus’ brand to attract new and engage existing merchants. You will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the marketing and design process, from ideation to production.
We are a friendly, collaborative team of people, who leave their ego at the door, and care about creating the best solution above everything else.
A "normal" workday at Shopify
- Work closely with the marketing and product teams, including designers, front-end developers, and product managers, to create assets that attract and engage users
- Execute designs including web assets, websites and landing pages, static ads, email newsletters, trade show booths and banners, print materials, swag, and more
- When required, create wireframes prototypes to create the right user experience
- Keep the user at the center of all of your designs and solve problems from their point of view
- Share and revise your designs based on UX research, user interviews, and peer feedback
- Digital and print design abilities demonstrated in a portfolio of projects
- You have razor-sharp attention to detail and an eye for good design
- Experience in UI/UX design with marketing experience is preferred
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, Creative Suite, and Invision
- Digital and print design skills
- Familiarity with technical constraints of various mediums (mobile/desktop web,) and screen sizes
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Experience creating multiple visual directions and concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to articulate, present, and sometimes defend your design decisions
Nice to have
- Graphic or Digital Design diploma
- Experience with Mobile UX design
How to Apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, logos, or whatever represents what you do best. Please address your application to Dave Kramer.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.