Toronto International Film Festival
a year ago
Submission Deadline: Friday, November 17,2017
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time position of: Junior Digital Producer
- Managing production of web content by liaising with internal production team members, and ensure that content needs are met both creatively and on time
- Execute digital content updates in our Content Management System, based on project parameters supporting the success of internal and client team members
- Assist in all required web content updates, page builds, content updating, and other digital content maintenance
- Assist in QA and audit process for digital content and UX to deliver acceptable quality standards on all digital deliverables
- Document processes in writing for digital flows where necessary, to aid in onboarding and succession planning
- Map resource capacity and hours requirements for digital projects to better define work effort
- Liaise and collaborate with internal stakeholders in the development of the creative and editorial vision for the website and newsletters
- Ideate, conceptualize and create content across all web pages; work with the social and video teams; consider both programming and internal studio-produced content
- Research and curation with a mandate to stay up to date with film and cultural trends, applying curation of the work and TIFF outputs into website programming on a daily basis
- Bring a critical eye for details in all aspects of visual design, including typography, color and overall aesthetics
- Ensure online production aligns with and supports TIFF’s digital strategy
- Complete assigned tasks in a professional manner, meeting a high standard of quality as outlined by the Digital Product and Content teams, and the organization
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines for various stakeholders
- Excellent web production skills and understanding of user interface and experience design
- 3+ years web production experience, working with digital teams to deliver high quality and creative web-based interfaces
- Post-secondary education in related field (i.e. digital, web development, graphic design) – degree or diploma
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; good judgment and intuition
- Ability to work in open-office environment; works collaboratively in a group setting
- Ability to work independently and within a larger organizational context
- Ability to oversee small projects from planning to completion
- Proficiency with Contentful, Wordpress, or other digital content management tools
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (particularly Adobe Photoshop)
- Experience working with MailChimp an asset
- Experience working with various stakeholders and perspectives to define, manage and prioritize projects
- Ability to evaluate production plans and accurately estimate timing
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Friday, November 17, 2017
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.