Agricorp is looking for a Help Desk Operator who is results oriented, customer focused and a strong communicator to join the Computing and Network Services team in our Information Technology division.
Agricorp's Information Technology division provides a fully integrated technical environment that supports and enhances the delivery of our agricultural services. The Computing and Network Services group is responsible for the appropriate infrastructure to support Agricorp's information technology needs. Within this group, the Help Desk Operator provides front-line response to help desk queries. In this role, you will:
- Provide support to Agricorp's help desk by managing the help desk phone and email account
- Create, configure and delete user accounts on both Active Directory and Windows platforms
- Provide first-level support to in-house and remote staff
- Assist with the installation and configuration of desktops
- Configure, replace and upgrade network hardware, including printers and faxes
- Support workstation software, including patches, Internet connectivity, operating systems and normal business applications
- Maintain inventories, including computers, telephony and software
Job status: Permanent
Salary range: Open
- Diploma or degree in the Information Technology field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years' relevant experience
- A+ certificate in hardware and basic operating systems
- Solid knowledge of all Microsoft-related products
- Customer service experience in a technical position
- Critical judgment, decision-making and problem solving – Uses critical judgment to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk
- Initiative – Identifies and deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
- Achieving quality results – Focuses efforts on managing one's self to achieve high quality results consistent with the organization's standards and measures, while managing risk
- Planning and organizing – Develops, implements, evaluates and adjusts plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
- Analytical thinking – Interprets, links and analyses information and situations by breaking them down into component parts, and identifying patterns, connections and underlying issues
- Client focus – Provides service excellence to internal and external clients
As an agency of the Government of Ontario, Agricorp works with partners to contribute to a vibrant and sustainable agriculture industry. With more than 400 employees serving more than 44,000 producers province-wide, Agricorp delivers programs that help producers manage risk and remain financially secure. The agency was established in 1997 by the provincial government under the authority of the AgriCorp Act, 1996.
Agricorp delivers a variety of programs and payments on behalf of the federal and provincial governments, including AgriStability, Farm Business Registration and Production Insurance. Please see the full list of programs for more information.